I'm in A Develish Mood
Have you ever been in that mood where you just want to do something you really know you shouldn’t for no apparent reason? Like knocking down a card castle while someone is making it, or breaking a plate for no reason, or even sticking a knife in a toaster because you know it’s something you really shouldn’t be doing. I don’t know, but I feel like that right now.
Hey, hey, hey, I know what you’re thinking, “this girl is nuts! Why would I ever want to do something like that?” But just admit it, you know you get that feeling sometimes where you just want to do something stupid/dangerous/completely inappropriate just because you can.
Don’t tell me you’ve never wanted to run outside in the winter time with your shorts and t-shirt to rebel against winter, or wear those socks and sandals cause it is a fashion faux pas, or (dare I say it) get that urge to reply to that insane question someone wrote on the bathroom stall. Yes, we all get this feeling people, just admit it. J
I for one am completely and utterly admitting to getting this feeling, and sometimes act on it, (when it doesn’t involve injuring myself, breaking something, or if it’s illegal) So for tonight I decided to write a list about things I want to do, but NEVER EVER actually do when I get this feeling.
1. Sticking a knife in a toaster, (don’t even question me, I would never do this!)
2. Slapping someone unexpectedly
3. Walking on a cactus
4. Licking a knife
5. Making grilled cheese blindfolded. (This one I’m considering doing in 2011, it’s on my list of things to do this year. )
6. Throwing a ceramic mug
7. Punch my Laptop
8. Drop kick a pair of scissors
9. Open a pop can with my teeth
10. (This is a terrible one that I know I would get straight back ten fold) Slapping my sister.
“If you feel the urge, don't be afraid to go on a wild goose chase. What do you think wild geese are for anyway?” - Will Rogers