Sunday, January 23, 2011

Procrastination

The Title Says it All....

It is the best time of the year for high school students in ontario.... NOT!! It's exam time once again, change of semester from first to the glorious second, (I dont know about you but I deffinitely find second semester to always be the best.) stress eating, cramming, and doritos become your best friend, and procrastination causes deadly side effects.
I am going to confess, I am a major procrastinator, I tend to sit for five hours "studying" only to have spent half, (if not more) of the time on facebook, or online. In fact this entire post is an excuse for me to not study.... But, i dont want this entire post to go completely to waste, so I have decided to compile a list of things for myself, (or anyone writting an exam) that will help them/me succeed.
Seven Test Taking Tips
1. Relax, Breathe, and get some sleep! (a good nights rest = clearer head= better thinking= better marks!)
2. Eat Something that doesnt fall into the Chips food group, i know its tempting, but trust me a little water and some fruit goes a long way.
3. Revise until you feel confident. (dont over do it, dont cram, and really, really study!)
4. Take time to yourself, do something non- study related. (if you focus so much on studying chances are you will forget someting. Dont linger over it too much.)
5. DONT rely on caffeine, its just like gravity, with every up, theres going to be a down, its inevitable.
6. think positive! What's the worst that could happen? You dont get the mark you want, don't worry its not the end of the world.
7. If you're me... TAKE YOUR OWN ADVICE!
“The best way to finish an unpleasant task is to get started.” ~ Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment