Friday, January 28, 2011

Nightmares Come True...



The Worst Thing Happened the Other Day...


It was a nightmare beyond a nightmare; something a teenager cringes at the thought of, so horrible that I was lost for an entire 24 hours of my life. This terrible heinous disaster... was my internet going down. D:

Honestly I thought I was going to lose my mind, I couldn’t check facebook and I was waiting for a message saying if I was going to the mall or not...

tried to blog about my predicament... well that couldn't be done.

tried to close, and restart my computer... to no avail.

I even started crying and yelling at this thing... (ok maybe I was thinking about this last one and didn’t actually do it... but still I was pretty close.)

And all because I couldn’t get online, now I really see how dependant I am on the world’s web. It really makes me think, I see people all the time glued to their iPods, cell phones, and computers walking and conducting business on the run. Have we as people become so dependant on technology that something as small as the internet going down for a day throws off our entire schedule?

Just some food for thought tonight....

"If it keeps up, man will atrophy all his limbs but the push-button finger." ~Frank Lloyd Wright

2 comments: