Tuesday, August 3, 2010

So Overrated

July 27th

Today was actually pretty fun. My aunt and her 4 kids came from Aurora and spent the day with us at the beach. We live walking distance from the beach, and my cousins rarely get to actually go to the beach, so they just had a blast! we played volley ball, had a barbecue at the park, and just had some fun family time. It was really great! Eventually everyone decided to go swimming, I was in the middle of working on an art piece so I didn't feel like swimming, instead I decided to paint at the beach.

I figured, that would be so inspirational, painting my godmothers picture at the beach, with the beautiful water and the sand, just like in the movies...no. never again will I ever paint at the beach. it is sooo overrated. i got sand all in my paint, on my canvas, and I learnt, never, ever paint with acrylics in the heat because they dry so fast that if you have to mix the colors you don't stand a chance. Not to mention the little girl who wanted to "finger paint," on my canvas, and the screaming children. Oh, yes, it was here that I remembered i have sensitive skin and my legs got rashes all over them because of the sand rubbing on them every time I moved. I finished the painting, eventually, but it was so annoying to paint it there.

On the plus side, I did manage to tan my legs pretty evenly and turn a few shades darker than I was when I came, so that was good.

"Painting at the beach is so overrated."

Have a great Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment