Sunday, July 11, 2010

10 Acre Battle


Oh my goodness gracious! I am completely and utterly exhausted! And I have probably mentioned before I live on a lot of land, (about 10 acres) and every year my family and I keep putting off weeding the front lawn, (Which is about an acre itself) . So today we battled the front lawn madness, and I was outside for five hours sipping, pulling, racking and cutting these monstrous weeds, (im not exaggerating they were way over the legal limit here!) and the sadest part is I am only about a fifth done..... :( My mom refuses to hire someone to do it, because she thinks its good exercise, and "Builds character" so for the next little while I will continue this ongoing battle.

Personally, I really don't mind the work. Call me crazy, but I think I actually
like weeding the front yard. Not only do I feel accomplished, but it gives me time to think to myself and a project for the summer. I am the type of person who would go crazy without anything to do, that's why I love the school year so much, I'm always busy and working towards something.

Anyways back to my battle, So yes. Today it was my mothers idea to go outside and weed the yard, she couldn't have picked a better time to. 11:00 am - 4:00 pm, the hottest time of the day! So I was dying of heat, went through at least 4 liters of water
and the absolute WORST part out of everything is, I got the nastiest farmers tan! It's horrible I mean I know I tanned but the top half of my shoulders are still white... At least now I learned my lesson, note to self, tank top.

"A weed is a plant that is not only in the wrong place, but intends to stay."- Sara Stein

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment