Sunday, July 18, 2010

My Seemingly Impossible Goal


*sighs* today has been a reeeaaallly long day, i am trying to come up with an idea to write a novel. I want to write one so badly, but I can't come up with any good ideas. Ive got ideas, don't get me wrong but none of them really scream "writable". I don't know what it is but I am the kind of person who will always have two million things rushing through their head at once. I am never really able to focus on one main Idea and stick to it when writing, its kind of like having writing ADD.

I know what my goal is, to have my novel completed by the time i graduate high school, but the true question is, "What will i write about?". I have some sort of idea I guess, I want to write something that I know, something that I can relate to, because if I write about what I know half the research involved is already done. And, if i can relate to it, then i will want to actually continue with the idea. I also want to write something that other people will enjoy reading, that if they ever saw it would like to give it a shot. I want to catch peoples attention. But, at the same time I don't really care how many people actually read it, as long as it is read by someone who isn't me, lol.

I also want it to be fiction, because I like fiction. I read it because it allows me to forget everything that is happening and get immersed in someone else s problems. I want it to be reality with a twist, maybe a future novel, or an other worldly novel. My last stipulation, is that this novel be unique. I don't want to follow this wizard/vampire trend that has hit the markets recently and want my work to be unique and different. plus I am tired of constantly picking up books in the bookshop and all of them being the same... it really is a pet peeve.

When/if i ever come up with an idea I am so going to write this, I don't care what comes out of it, it is my personal goal to finish a novel before I graduate, think I can do it?

"I think the first duty of all art, including fiction of any kind, is to entertain. That is to say, to hold interest. No matter how worthy the message of something, if it's dull, you're just not communicating."- Poul Anderson

Goodnight!


No comments:

Post a Comment