Saturday, June 5, 2010

Humiliation is the Key to success....


I have come to notice something after 12 years of being in school, humiliation is the key to success. If you are willing to go above and beyond, and even embarrass yourself doing an assignment, you are guaranteed a good mark. I've learned that people love to laugh, when you make them laugh their mood becomes so much better, and when people, (especially teachers) are in a better mood, their marks become more lenient. So what I have been doing lately is making videos for my presentations. Home made movies with my groups, that have a lot of humor and fun to them.

I get excellent marks and I know I shouldn't be complaining, but the major issue is, they are the most embarrassing videos I have ever created! XS For me movie making is an art, and when you get into acting, humiliation goes out the window, you have to be willing to embarrass yourself in order to do something well, with these assignments at school it is the same. the most recent video was all in french, and it was a silent movie with subtitles, in it I had four different roles, camera man, police officer, elderly woman, and the next door neighbor. Not so bad you think, well that's just the beginning.

In the play, all of the vegetables and inanimate objects spoke, this included, the tree, rock, can of peaches, potatoes, branch, harmonica, celery, and a stuffed animal polar bear staring as a dog. So not only were we running through my friends neighborhood screaming random things in french, but we also had faces drawn on the tree, rocks, potatoes and every other prop used. Man oh man, I am soooo glad I don't live in that neighborhood, the neighbors were giving us really odd looks! lol, I feel bad for my friend who babysits her neighbors kids, well you can't say she doesn't have an imagination......

anyways, I'm so excited to hand in this assignment but also really nervous at the same time, because it will be shown to the entire class, an I look like a crazy in the video. Oh well, it will be worth the good seven hours when I get back my mark. ;) hopefully the teacher likes it!


Swallow your pride occasionally, it's non-fattening! ~Author Unknown


GOODNIGHT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment