Friday, June 4, 2010

That's Nice to Know..... :S


Hello everyone, about two days ago, I was on my way back from school when I noticed just near my house, there were a bunch of police cars. This is not unusual around my house because, (As you can see from the picture above) we have a huge nine acre forest. Because of the huge amount of land, and excellent deer, rabbit, wolf, bear population we have a major problem with illegal hunters, so the police are always doing rounds. We just figured they were doing their regular rounds, so we paid no attention, but for some reason I couldn't shake off that feeling of foreshadowing. Anyways we put it aside and moved on.

It was today I was coming home from school, when my mom calls me into her room she is acting sort of strange but I decide to see what she wants anyways, "Kassandra, you remember when those police we out in the front?" she asks. I said yes because i did, it was the day i had that really weird feeling about them "Well," she said, "they found a body on our property." I was completely surprised, I had no clue what to say, it was so surreal. You hear about these things happening on tv all the time, and in the city, but when it happens so close it really does affect you. So after thinking it over a little bit, I decided to do some research.

Apparently the man found was 57 year old Mr. Lane, he had left his home nine days prior telling his family he would be going on a swim in the water down the street from his home. No one thought anything of it, although they were concerned for him because he needed to take his medication. when he didn't turn up that night they called the police told them it was out of character. the police searched but found nothing. they began to score the area by foot around his home and the lake, and also did air searches, Nine days later they found his body in my backyard.

firstly and more importantly, my condolences go out to his family, and all those who knew him, because losing someone is always difficult.

But, I have to honestly say, that this truly startled me. This tragedy made me realize something that I haven't really thought to much of before. We, human beings, take too much for granted. Life is a precious gift that we have been given, we don't realize how fragile it is until something goes horribly wrong. We are always concerned for the little things, that we chose to ignore the beauty and blessings around us. If there is one thing that I take from all this, live life while you still can.

"rejoice while you are alive; enjoy the day; live life to the fullest; make the most of what you have. It is later than you think..."
-Horace, (Ancient Roman Poet 65 BC-8BC)


Goodnight, Sweet dreams, and may you have the best of luck.

2 comments:

  1. ya hahaha, that's what i said, after being completely creeped out....

    ReplyDelete