Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Life in the City


The lights, the sounds, the people, the media...welcome to Toronto! Toronto is such a huge diverse city, home to so many different people, events and cultures. It's sometimes hard to believe that this one city can be filled with so many different parts. Today I went down town with my mom, personally I hate the city. It's crowded, smells worse than a sewer treatment facility, and the homeless people make me want to cry, but I just can't seem to get enough of it. I love the city, the diverse mix of business, recreation and the high focus of the arts, not to mention the people the sites and a neat subway system.
Being a girl from the tiniest town on the face of this planet, every time i go to the city, I just am struck with awe. there is just so much to see and do there, you can practically walk everywhere, and where you can't walk, the TTC will take you. I love all the shopping, the theaters, themed restaurants, the shows, media, and crazy clashes between everything around you. But, if there is one thing I always look forward to listening and seeing, it would have to be the buskers.


being a huge fan of talent and musicians, i just love to see these people perform from basically nothing. I always smile when I pass them because they bring a sort of culture I guess to the entire city theme, it's like a little bit of rural in an urban area. Buskers just have this rawness about them that I love, it reminds me of where I live and all the people I know who love music and just playing with their hearts.


"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent." ~Victor Hugo


Goodnight!!! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment